To request library instruction click the button below:
The library offers four types of instruction classes. You will be asked to select the class type on the online form after you choose the date, time and location of the class. For detailed directions click here.
- The 20-minute Introduction to Library Services sessions are intended for KSU 1101 classes or those students in other courses that need a brief introduction to the services provided by the library. These sessions are usually held in your classroom. Examples of services covered:
The 50-minute Introduction to Research sessions are intended for ENG 1101/ENG 1102 classes. You must have a research assignment to schedule this type of session. If you do not have a research assignment we suggest that you schedule a 20-minute Introduction to Library Services session instead. These sessions can be held either in your classroom or the library. The curriculum is set by the library and will cover the following learning objectives:
- library hours
- computers, laptops, and printing
- study rooms
- availability of research assistance
- Research Guides
- course reserves
- how to get items not owned by KSU
The 50-minute Subject or Resource Specific sessions are intended for upper-level undergraduate classes. You must have a research assignment to schedule this type of session. The curriculum will be developed by a librarian in consultation with the faculty member who requested the instruction. You will be contacted by the assigned instruction librarian. These can be held either in your classroom or the library.
For all Graduate Classes you will be contacted by a Graduate Librarian to confirm scheduling and curriculum.
- Analyze topic and identify keywords, synonyms and related terms for the information needed in order to execute an effective and efficient search strategy.
- Formulate and efficiently execute search strategies appropriate for the topic and information resource in order to find adequate sources.
- Locate books, periodical articles, and other resources effectively in order to answer the research question.
- Identify examples of source types.
- Understand differences between popular and scholarly sources.
- Identify that help from a reference librarian is available through a variety of methods if students need additional help.
Library instruction can only be scheduled with at least 72 hours advance notice. Faculty must be present during all library instruction classes. If you cannot be present we will be happy to reschedule your class.
For more information please contact Chris Sharpe, 470-578-6190, email@example.com