3.2. General Faculty Meeting
The President and the Provost/VPAA are responsible for calling general faculty meetings when appropriate and as necessary.
Reconsideration of Senate Recommendation
1. Any individual or group of individuals from any constituency who objects to a recommendation of the senate may submit that objection, and the reasons for it, to the President in writing.
2. The President will call a meeting of the appropriate constituents for reconsideration if:
- A petition signed by 20% of the faculty or more is submitted to the President’s office, or
- A petition signed by 20% of the staff or more is submitted to the President’s office, or
- A petition signed by 5% of the student body is submitted to the President’s office, and
- Said petition(s) is (are) received by the President’s office within 14 days of the publication of the recommendations as noted in the senate minutes.
3. A senate recommendation will be overridden by a 2/3 vote of the faculty present at the general faculty meeting.